Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Philippine National Police (PNP) officer-in-charge, Lt. Gen. Archie Gamboa ordered police officers to secure areas along the path of tropical storm Ramon (international name Kalmaegi). Gamboa said he ordered his men to coordinate with loca...
Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez told local government officials that improving ease of doing business (EODB) in their cities and municipalities will create a “virtuous cycle” that will attract investments and jobs in their areas. “Ease...
All public school teachers and non-teaching personnel in Marikina City will receive leather shoes from the city government, according to Marikina Mayor Marcelino "Marcy" Teodoro. Teodoro said the giving of pair of shoes for each of th...
A workers group has expressed its opposition to the proposed tax on salty food and ingredients. “With this measure to tax salty food, the government is pushing the poor informal sector workers and their families to fall into deep poverty ...
South Korean boy group GOT7 returned to Manila for its "Keep Spinning" world tour. Passengers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) on Friday had a glimpse of the members, as JB, Yugyeom, Mark, Jackson, Bambam, Jinyoung and Youn...
Philippine SEA Games Organizing Committee chairman and House Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano said the Philippines will likely top this year's Southeast Asian Games. "Nagdadasal kami (We're praying). We're hoping and giving our support n...