Articles worth reading

MIAA launches free bus service for airport employees

account_balancePasay access_time4 days ago

The  Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) launched a free bus service to transport airport employees to and from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). The free bus service is intended for organic personnel of the MIAA and its ...

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III

DOLE to provide $200 cash to OFWs displaced by coronavirus

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said it will provide cash assistance of $200 to overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) whose work were affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic. Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the...

Muntinlupa extends RPT, business tax payment

account_balanceMuntinlupa access_time4 days ago

Muntinlupa City extended the payment period on real property tax (RPT) and business taxes for locals and requests lessors to waive fees amid the threat of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Muntinlupa City Council recently passed ordinanc...

Quezon City News

DOTR defends plan to build commercial space in QMC

account_balanceQuezon City chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

The Department of Transportation (DoTr) defended the plan of the concessionaire of the railway project at the Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC) to sell commercial space at the station to avoid fare increases and amortize the cost of the project that will be borne by government.

In a statement, Transportation Assistant Secretary Goddes Hope Libiran clarified it was the concessionaire that decided to open commercial spaces at the MRT-7-QMC station and explained that in Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects like the MRT-7, the concessionaire enjoys the return from his investments from three sources.

“If the project is PPP, there are three instances that the concessionaire can get back their investments — fare, government payment (annual grantor’s fee) and payments derived from the development of the property,” said Libiran. “The DoTr will not open the property for commercial lease.”

“It’s the decision of the concessionaire, even the design,” she added.

The Universal LRT Corp. BVI Ltd., led by the San Miguel Corp., is the concessionaire of the MRT-7.

Previously, the Quezon City government issued a temporary cease and desist order on the aboveground construction of the station after authorities learned the project will unduly impact the national heritage park.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Navotas forms Task Force NavoDAMPOT

account_balanceNavotas chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Mayor Toby Tiangco Monday signed an order forming a task force to ensure the smooth implementation of the enhanced community quarantine and keep Navoteños safe from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Executive Order No. TMT-022 created ...

Mandaluyong imposes ban on liquor sale

account_balanceMandaluyong chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Mandaluyong City imposed a ban on the sale of liquor products in the city amid the enhanced quarantine in Luzon to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Mandaluyong Mayor Carmelita Abalos signed Ordinance No. 763, Series of 2020...

Filipino Construction Woker

Quarantine displaces over 100,000 workers

account_balanceMetro Manila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

More than 111,000 employees and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were affected by the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine implemented by the government to contain the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) outbreak. Based on the Department of Labo...

Photo courtesy of: Vico Sotto FB Page

Pasig rolls out mobile palengke

account_balancePasig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Pasig City has rolled out a mobile palengke to reduce the number of shoppers in wet markets in the city. In a Facebook post, Mayor Vico Sotto shared photos of an open truck with goods where Pasig residents can buy foodstuffs. The supplies, such a...

COVID-19 cases in Taguig climb to 19

account_balanceTaguig chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Taguig City now has 19 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease and one death as of 8:30 p.m. on March 23. Based on the official Facebook page of the LGU, the barangays with confirmed cases are Bambang (2), New Lower Bicutan (1), Sta. Ana (1), Ususan ...

Manila to receive 300,000 masks from Guangzhou

account_balanceManila chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Guangzhou in China is donating thousands of essential medical supplies to Manila, its sister city and where the country's referral center for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) is located, according to Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. Lo...

Advertisement

×
Pasig seeks more doctors, nurses 18 million poor families to get subsidies Manila Water announces rate reduction DOH weighs quarantine period extension Quezon City signs agreement with 30 hospitals on virus patients App developed to identify people who need Covid-19 testing Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature